|Also known as|
Timelapse Building Images
Elm Street south, Halla Collection, State Library of Victoria
The Asylum Estate was on the site of the Melbourne Benevolent Asylum, the first building in North Melbourne, which opened in 1851 on a 10 acre site which later straddled North & West Melbourne. It was demolished in 1911 and Victoria Street was extended through the site, marking the boundary between North & West Melbourne. The land was subdivided and put up for auction in February 1913. 1-3 Elm Street were on the north eastern section of the Estate.
Subsequent Building Alterations
Heritage Significance and Listings
|Heritage Listings and Explanatory Notes|
|From||To||Owner||More Info||Data Source|
|1913||c1925||Alice Hennessey of 3 Elm Street||Melbourne Council Rates Book 1918|
|1925||1968||Patricia Marie Therese Martin of 3 Elm Street|
|1968||1975||Joseph Anthony Vella|
|From||To||Resident||More Info||Data Source|
Property owner name: Alice Hennessey. Name of occupier: Alfred Mitchell.
Melbourne Council Rates Book 1918
Context and Streetscape
GRZ1 (General Residential Zone 1)