|Also known as|
|Previous Address||Source: photographed by Stephen Hatcher 2018.|
Timelapse Building Images
Subsequent Building Alterations
Heritage Significance and Listings
|Heritage Listings and Explanatory Notes|
|From||To||Owner||More Info||Data Source|
Once the home of Sands & McDougall’s commercial and general Melbourne directory.
The first Melbourne Directory was published by Sands and Kenny in 1857. By 1858 the second edition of the directory was distributed to public libraries in the major seaports of Great Britain, Ireland, the United States of America, and Canada. From 1862 to 1974 the Melbourne directories were published as the Sands and McDougall Melbourne Directory. The 1860 Melbourne directory was 400 pages long and contained over 10,000 entries.
Wikipedia. Sands & McDougall.
Context and Streetscape