1876 Hotham Town Hall Opens
It replaced an earlier building from 1863 for a much grander building. The adjacent municipal buildings were subsequently added in the early 1880s.
It was very much part of the local community, with schools holding their concerts there, elections were held there, the library operated there, community balls were held there etc. Films were shown.
It was the focal point of community life.
The first spring fling in the 1970’s was held in the Hotham Town Hall which was renamed to North Melbourne Town Hall by this time.