Burial Hill / Flagstaff Gardens


Willy, infant son of James Goodman was the first burial in the Port Phillip district on 13th May 1836 in Burial Hill, later known as Flagstaff Hill.

There were about 6 burials at this site before the City authorities declared the site too small.  in 1871, the Pioneers memorial was erected close to the site of these early burials.