Railway through West Melbourne, across the edge of the blue lake was built approximately 1850’s.
North Melbourne train station opened 1859 (this is the station in West Melbourne). Originally the Geelong-Melbourne railway.
A section of the West Melbourne blue lake / swamp was reclaimed in 1854 for the railway, and completed in 1857. The Railway reserve and offices were listed in 1897.