St James moved from William St to cnr Batman King


Foundation stone laid 1839

Services began 1842

Moved stone by stone and rebuilt in 1914

Originally called the “pepper pot” because of the shape of the tower which had a rounded cap at the top of the tower. When it was rebuilt, it was altered to the lower tower as we see now.