Carroll Street North Melbourne, near Pleasance Gardens running between Canning and Erskine Streets was built on an early bluestone quarry site (1) once owned by Hugh Peck.
Early 1860’s the piece of land known as Crown Section 85A had been set aside as a proposed reserve for a public park, however for some reason the land got subdivided up by the Crown into house blocks with a road down the middle and sold off.
Also known as Address Edmonton Terrace (1-8 before 1889) now known as 8 to 14 Carroll Street
Previous Address 1 Carroll Street (before 1889)
Style Victorian : 1840-1890
Builder brothers James, John & Albert Thurgood